Monday, August 30, 2010

FW: Community Service Opportunities

Hi Everyone,

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Katie Demetriadis.  I am a junior Secondary Social Studies major and President of the History Club.  As education majors we are required to fulfill at least 40 hours of community service.  I have a couple of service opportunities, one of which is through the Erie County Historical Society.  It would not be an all day commitment, just 4 hours or so on Saturday, September 11.  I need volunteers to cover shifts from 10am-2pm, 2pm-6pm, and 6pm-10pm.  The Erie County Historical Society is looking for 4-6 people for each shift. 

There will be a History Club Meeting on Tuesday, August 31 at 11:00am in Palumbo 3216.  Please come for more information on service opportunities.  Also be sure to become a fan of the "Gannon University History Department" and the "Gannon Historical Society" on Facebook for more History updates!

If you have any questions or cannot make it to the meeting but would still like to get involved please email me at demetria001@gannon.edu.

Thank you and I hope to see you soon,

Katie Demetriadis
Gannon University
Alpha Sigma Tau, Ritual Chair and Corresponding Secretary
Panhellenic Executive Board, VP of Community Relations

No comments: